Human diets have undergone a healthy makeover, yet many of our dogs are still chowing down on crunchy kibble full of unpronounceable and indigestible ingredients. The time to rethink what we feed our dogs is now. “Besides our basic understanding of fresh foods being ‘better’ than processed foods, there are numerous proven benefits of a fresh dog food diet,” said Justin Shmalberg, DVM, Board-Certified Veterinary Nutritionist.
- More energy. Fresh ingredients are more digestible, which enables your dog’s body to absorb more energy from the food they’re eating.
- Less cancer. Dogs have the highest incidence of cancer of any mammal on the planet. Feeding your dog a fresh food diet like NomNomNow has been scientifically proven to reduce cancers by up to 40%.
- Healthier skin. Nutrients such as zinc, B vitamins, and fatty acids present in fresh dog food diets help soothe and cure many skin conditions in dogs.
- Brighter, healthier eyes. Vitamin A is plentiful in fresh dog food diets. Brighter eyes speak to better eye health under the surface.
- Less waste, and firmer stools. With a balanced fresh diet, fiber only comes from natural sources and never reaches the dangerous 10% crude fiber ranges of processed foods. This means your dog can use more of what they are eating. On a fresh dog food diet, your pet’s stools will appear smaller and firmer.
- Fewer trips to the vet. The rich vitamins that come from fresh vegetables and freshly-cooked meats help keep a dog’s immune system up. Dogs with chronic conditions such as allergies, skin irritation, or sensitive tummies also find relief on a fresh dog food diet (free of the artificial additives that cause these conditions), resulting in fewer costly vet visits.
- Longer life. A healthier diet translates to more years together. Just like human diets, better nutrition is the clearest path to a dog living a longer life.
“In the long term, we know that with a carefully balanced nutrient blend, dogs can have optimal health and maintain normal function by keeping their weight down, preventing things like osteoarthritis and other diseases that affect dogs as they age,” said Shmalberg. “Diets, like NomNomNow, are perfectly balanced with the right amount of protein to help maintain muscle mass, strength, and support all the essential functions of the body.”